PLEASE NOTE: This content has been prepared in multiple languages. All languages are considered to be equally authentic. In the event of any discrepancy between versions, the English version shall prevail in determining the spirit, intent, and meaning. Translations to other languages are provided as a convenience and prepared using an online translator. The translations are not intended to be a legal translation and have not been altered from the online translation.
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has established consumer protections that communications companies must provide following emergency-declared disasters, to help ensure that you are able to keep vital communications services. The protection measures Allstream will provide to impacted California customers include the following:
- Waiver of one-time activation fee for establishing remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding features and messaging services;
- Waiver of the monthly rate for one month for remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding, call forwarding features, and messaging services;
- Waiver of the service charge for installation of service at the temporary or new permanent location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the premises; *
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring at the temporary location regardless of whether the customer has an inside wiring plan; *
- Waiver of the fee for up to five free jacks and associated wiring for inside wiring plan customer upon their return to their permanent location; and
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring for non-Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
* Allstream will provide this protection to the extent it provides the service at the location.
If you believe your Allstream service has been disrupted or degraded as a result of an emergency-declared disaster, contact Customer Service at 866-468-3472 or USCustomerService@allstream.com. Accessible formats for customers with disabilities are available upon request.