There are several important changes that will impact your service:
- Voicemail command changes: The commands that you use on your phone to hear, delete and save voicemail messages within the voicemail system will change. For example, you can still access voicemail by dialing *98 but will now dial 1 to play messages instead of 5. Download the Voicemail Quick Start Guide for all the new menu instructions.
- New URL for online portal: You’ll want to bookmark the new URL, hostedvoice.allstream.com, to access your online voicemail portal. In the meantime, the old URL for the portal will automatically redirect to the new portal login.
- Brand new portal: While the new portal will have similar functionality to the old one, the portal will look different. Download the new portal instructions here.
- No pager notification: The new platform will not support pager notifications. Note that you can instead use email notifications as an alternative to pager notifications.
- Voicemail portal for all customers: The first time you log in to the portal, use your phone number that is associated with the voicemail as the login and the auto-generated PIN provided by Allstream as your password. Once you’ve logged in, you can change your PIN.
- PINs and Passwords: The new platform has a PIN for access to voicemail through a telephone and a separate secure password for access to the online portal. Your PIN will work for both phone access and online portal access when you initially log in to the new system.
If you are experiencing any issues, we are here to assist you at 1-888-288-2273 or CANCustomerService@allstream.com.
Voicemail Main Menu Commands
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will the migration improve my service?
A: This migration will enable Allstream to provide you with a consistent and reliable service and enhanced security functionality. We’re excited to move our customers on to a newer technology which will enable us to offer enhancements to the service in the future.
Q: Will I need to record a new message? Reset my password?
A: Yes, you will need to program and record new greetings and passwords.
Q: Will I experience a disruption in service during the migration?
A: Yes, you may experience downtime of up to 30 minutes. It is imperative that you set up your new voicemail as all messages will be routed to your new mailbox.
Q: What type of security features are available on the new platform?
A: Customers will experience added security features such as self-service password recovery through email, more secure passwords, notifications for password changes and more.
Q: Is fax to email supported on the new platform?
A: Yes, this functionality is available on the new platform.
Q: How do I access my voicemail if I’m away from my desk or I am unable to dial *98 from my phone?
A: The voicemail remote access numbers didn’t change and can be found here. They will point to the new platform.
Q: Can I access the new portal now?
A: Yes, visit hostedvoice.allstream.com to log into the new portal. Please be advised that your voicemail messages will continue to be in the old platform until the migration.
Q: I didn’t previously have access to the voicemail portal. What is my login name and password?
A: If you didn’t previously have access to the voicemail portal, you can now use the new online portal. The first time you log in to the portal, use your phone number that is associated with the voicemail as the login and the auto-generated PIN provided by Allstream as your password. Once you’ve logged in, you can change your PIN.
Q: Will my voicemails and/or faxes continue forwarding into my email?
A: Once you have set up your new voicemail, existing forwarding configurations will be moved over to the new platform. If necessary, you can configure forwarding options in the new online portal.
Q: Will my attendant menu configurations be moved over to the new platform?
A: No. We recommend that you log into the new platform prior to migration at hostedvoice.allstream.com to set up your attendant menu configurations. Please contact our care department at 1-888-288-2273 or CANCustomerService@allstream.com with questions.
Q: Can I still access the old portal/platform after the migration?
A: After the migration, you can access the old online portal for about 30 days to retrieve anything you would like to save that may have not been migrated during the conversion window.
Please contact Allstream’s care department at 1-888-288-2273 or CANCustomerService@allstream.com for assistance.