Allstream assigns IP space for use by its customers in accordance with this IP Allocation and Usage Policy, and, as applicable, the American Registry of Internet Numbers (ARIN) guidelines which may include publication of Allstream customer information on the ARIN database. This policy is subject to change at any time without notice based on Allstream’s business and operational requirements and changes to the ARIN guidelines. IP address assignment is based on customer justified needs rather than solely on predicted customer base. In requesting and maintaining IP address assignments including reassignment of Allstream-assigned IP address space, Customer must abide by this policy and the ARIN guidelines for Internet Service Providers (ISPs), which are available at http://www.arin.net.
One (1) useable public IP address is automatically assigned for customer use on new Internet services. Either a /31 or /30 network will be assigned, depending on the customer equipment capabilities. Network requests of /29 and /28 may be assigned without an IP Justification, while /27 and larger network requests require an IP Justification.
If the total usable address count on the service is 12 or more, additional IP space requires an IP Justification.
Usage of Networks
Customer must, at any and all times, be able to demonstrate upon request its efficient use of IP address assignments by providing Allstream with appropriate documentation, including assignment histories.
Customers shall implement space-conserving technologies or practices to the extent available and appropriate. ISP Customers requesting IP address space to be used for IP-based Web hosting shall provide its technical justification for this practice and explain why space-conserving alternatives are not available or appropriate. Upon accepting an IP assignment from Allstream, Customer agrees to be bound by Allstream’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Issues of Portability
All network space assigned to Allstream customers is non-portable. Upon expiration or termination of Allstream’s service agreement or upon return of IP address by Customer, all registered hosts on Allstream’s address space will also be removed from the ARIN WHOIS database and all root name servers. Customer is solely responsible for transitioning its network hosts to new IP address space prior to expiration of its Allstream service agreement.
Process for Obtaining Addresses
- Customer must have a product service request in our systems. We cannot process requests of potential customers.
- Customer determines currently assigned IP network address(es).
- Customer determines the current utilization of addresses. Customer must have efficiently used 80% of currently assigned IP network space before Allstream is able to make another IP assignment.
- Customer estimates IP network needs for the next three months. Allstream cannot provide IP network space beyond three-month needs.
- Customer documents exactly how this new space will be used in the next three months.
- Customer requests address space from ARIN prior to submitting a request to Allstream to combine a /24 network or larger (256 IP addresses).
- For requests to increase IP network space to a /22 network or larger (1024 IP addresses), Customer must provide the following information to Allstream at the time of request:
- Assignments for review and approval
- Network engineering plans including subnets, host counts, hosts per subnet with projected utilization rates, and associated confidence levels of those projections for one and two years.
- Deployment schedule for the network including major milestones for each subnet
- Network topology diagrams
- Proof of submitting request to ARIN for address space
Customer Reassignment of Allstream-assigned IP Address Space
If Customer further reassigns Allstream-assigned IP address space, Customer shall submit, maintain, and update information to ensure up-to-date and efficient maintenance of WHOIS records, as structured in RFC 1491 (SWIP), the space within seven (7) days of such reassignment. Customer shall continue to update and maintain the accuracy of such reassignment information.
Rejection of Customer Requests for Additional IP Address Assignments
Allstream may, in its sole discretion, reject a Customer’s request for additional IP address assignment where:
- Customer has failed to comply with this Policy and applicable ARIN guidelines
- Customer is in breach of its service agreement with Allstream or Allstream’s Acceptable Use Policy, has a history of Acceptable Use Policy violations, or in Allstream’s sole determination is likely to breach Allstream’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Allstream has a business or technical reason for doing so