Utah Statement of Utility Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
The Utah Public Service Commission has established rules about utility consumer/company relationships. These rules cover payment of bills, late charges, security deposits, handling complaints, service disconnection, and other matters. The rules assure customers of certain rights and outline customer responsibilities.
Customer Rights – Allstream will:
- Provide service if you are a qualified applicant.
- Offer you at least one deferred payment plan if you have a financial emergency.
- Let you pay a security deposit in three installments,if one is required.
- Follow specific procedures for service disconnection which include providing you notice postmarked at least 7 days before service is disconnected.
- Give you written information about Commission rules and your rights and responsibilities as a customer under those rules.
Customer Responsibilities – You, the customer will:
- Use services safely and pay for them promptly.
- Contact Allstream when you have a problem with payment, service, safety, billing, or customer service, including billing or other errors.
- Contact Allstream when you anticipate a payment problem to attempt to develop a payment plan.
- Notify Allstream when you are moving to another location, or stopping service in your name or stopping service altogether.
- Permit access to your property for essential utility company personnel and equipment
To contact Allstream, please visit https://allstream.com/support/contact-us/ If Allstream cannot resolve a customer problem, you may obtain an informal review of the dispute by calling the Utah State Division of Public Utilities Complaint Office at the following telephone numbers:
- Salt Lake City: 801-530-6652
- Toll Free: 1-800-874-0904